Weaning is an exciting time but it can also be challenging, and very daunting, for you and your baby.
That's why it's important to start simple while also making sure your baby gets all the right nutrients.
And that makes this warm fruity stew the perfect dish for your little one.
Age: 6 mths +
Portion size: 6 portions
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes
1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- Put the chopped apple into a saucepan and add 75ml of water.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until apple pieces are completely soft. If the apples start to stick to the bottom of the pan, add a little more water.
- Pour the stewed apple into a bowl and stir. Press out any lumps for a smooth consistency.
- Cool down before serving.
- Freeze any leftovers in small pots or ice cube trays.